CCA RESCUE CONTACT & REFERRAL
Allynid M. (Lynnie) Bunten
11489 S. Foster Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78223
210-889-0780 | email@example.com
INDEPENDENT CHIHUAHUA RESCUE ORGANIZATIONS
CHIHUAHUA RESCUE & TRANSPORT, INC. http://www.chihuahua-rescue.org
ARIZONA CHIHUAHUA RESCUE http://AZChihuahuaRescue.org
Chihuahua Club of America Rescue Guidelines
In order to be listed on the Chihuahua Club of America website any Chihuahua Club must agree to follow these Rescue Guidelines if the Club operates a rescue. If a club wishes to designate an independent rescue group for listing, the rescue group must also abide by the following:
- Before placement, dogs will receive veterinary and behavioral evaluation and will be given standard immunizations, if needed, including rabies shots. In some parts of the country, heartworm is a problem and each rescue should develop a policy regarding heartworm infected dogs.
- Dogs found to pose a danger to human beings will not be placed; NOT ALL DOGS CAN BE SAVED. It is suggested that dogs with an unprovoked bite history not be accepted for rehoming.
- Dogs will be spayed or neutered before placement unless veterinary considerations require that the surgery be postponed. In that case appropriate steps will be taken to assure that the animal is spayed or neutered as soon as safely possible.
- the medical and behavioral history, insofar as it is known, of each dog will be fully disclosed and explained to potential owners. Any signs of aggression or health issues will be noted in writing.
- Adoption applicants will be carefully screened so that dogs are placed in suitable environments where they will be as healthy, safe, and happy as possible; dogs will be formally adopted only after appropriate interviews, home checks, and vet checks.
- All placements will be done with contracts, and all contracts will stipulate that the res- cue organization will take the dog back at any time. Any Chihuahua that can not be kept by the adopter MUst be returned to the rescue organization or, if to be placed elsewhere, it must be with the written approval of the rescue organization.
- All rescues will keep adoptions fees or donations within reasonable bounds.
- All rescues and their foster homes and agents must abide by applicable laws regarding, licensing, housing, fundraising, etc.
- While obtaining a 501c3 designation is not required, it is recomended.
- If a member or member club chooses to only operate a referral system for rescue, it should endeavor to insure that agencies and individuals operate as stipulated in the above document.